Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Hazard: I'm Not Right for Chelsea Captaincy



Eden Hazard says he does not see himself as a suitable candidate to replace John Terry as the Premier League leaders' captain next season.

John Terry will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the 2016-17 campaign, meaning Antonio Conte will have to name a new first-choice skipper.

Gary Cahill has worn the armband in Terry's absence this season and appears to be the leading candidate to succeed his fellow centre-back in 2017-18.

But Hazard's name has also been mentioned due to his role as Belgium captain.

"I think we have some players who can be more than a captain in this team," Hazard told Sky Sports.

"When I talk to you at the national team, I do not know if I am a good captain, but I am a captain on the pitch."

No comments:

Post a Comment